Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wood Figure of Mungo

Since there are no Mungo collectibles out there right now (at least that are affordable!) I decided to make my own. This figure is made entirely out of wood carved on my wood lathe, mostly from the leg of an old table that my neighbor was throwing out. He stands at just under 2.5 inches tall. The figure is loosely based on the style of the old Fisher-Price little people. The leg post will enable him to ride in a vehicle if I ever make one! His gun looks like a hair dryer, but it's the best that I could do for making the seed launcher that Mungo inherited from his uncle. The arms can't move, but as you can see, the head can turn and is removable. I am planning on making a figure of Mungo in droid disguise, and the heads should be interchangeable between both.
Now Hasbro needs to make their Mungo Baobab!

No comments: